DataLab Notebook Runner
The DataLab Notebook Runner module is for remotely running your DataLab notebook files in a Composable DataLab using Composapy and Papermill. It takes a DataLab ID, a name of the notebook to run, a list of string-object pairs as parameters, and returns a list of string-object pairs.
1) Create a new DataLab, naming it "An Overly Complicated Calculator"
2) Create a new notebook, naming it "add.ipynb".
3) Using the logic for parameterizing from the Parameterize docs page, tag the first cell (
a = 1, \n b = 1) as "parameters". This cell's parameters will be overridden by the inputs passed in from the DataFlow Notebook Runner module.
return_values : dict
return_values is used by Composable to send your results back to the DataFlow Notebook Runner module.
Each key must be a string
A restricted number of types are supported for values:
CompAnalytics.Contracts.FileReference(although FileReference may be passed to and from a notebook, any file references created in the notebook context will be unaccessible by the DataFlow)
1) Create or import the DataFlow as seen above.
- Click the pencil icon and choose the DataLab named
"An Overly Complicated Calculator"
- In the notebook input, include the relative path to your notebook (in this case, the notebook
add.ipynb was contained within the custom
- When passing inputs into parameters, use an object namer module to preserve your input types
2) Run the DataFlow. Your results window should contain the
return_values passed from your
Although not officially supported, you can pass other csharp types back with pythonnet by importing loading composapy into your notebook session.
You can then import C# and Composable types as python objects.
# example imports import System from CompAnalytics.Contracts import *
To learn more about this type of behavior, check out the pythonnet github.